Additional Inspections you may require.
Out of the four additional inspections offered below,
1. Meth Testing Inspection
2. Electrical Testing Inspection
3. Plumbing Testing Inspection
4. Comprehensive Floor Level Inspection
Top of the South strongly recommend you carry out testing for meth (P), before purchasing any property, especially rental properties.
The cost to remove all traces of Meth (P) can run into tens of thousands of dollars, but more importantly the health of your family may be affected.
If you opt for this inspection, this inspection would be carried out first, should meth (P) residue be detected, you would then have the option to carry on or cancel the rest of the inspections (Cancellation fee $140 including GST plus the cost of the Meth testing).
About the Meth (P) Testing
Random test samples are taken at high risk areas throughout the property, this test determines if there is Meth (P) residue present (please note, it is not possible to test every surface with this type of testing kit,) The test results apply to the areas tested, and are indicative only. Should the tests be positive, we would then advise further comprehensive testing be carried out, (this will incur additional charges) this will involve taking additional swabs throughout the property, they will then be sent to a laboratory to establish the levels of the Meth (P) residue present.
Once the test results are received, we will then be able to advise you as to what course of action is necessary to remediate the property.
The following fees are in conjunction with a house inspection being carried out at the same time.
Methamphetamine (P) testing, in conjunction with pre purchase/pre sale inspection. $240.00 including GST
Methamphetamine (P) testing, not in conjunction with pre purchase inspection. $290.00 including GST
Electrical & Plumbing Testing
We can arrange for full electrical and plumbing inspections to be carried out, both of which come with electrical and plumbing certificates prices to be confirmed once type and size of house is confirmed.
Comprehensive check of floor levels
Single storey $190 including GST,
Double storey $290 including GST
Why do a comprehensive Floor Level Check ?
The survey of the floor area will show up any high or low spots across the floor area, this can be an indication of subsidence/ movement, which could indicate problems with the properties foundations, or drainage issues/ground heave.
Top of the South House Inspections are focused on carrying out a thorough inspection of the property. This is done with the aid of a checklist, this ensures no items are missed during the inspection process. Should there be elements of the building/home that require work or maintenance to be carried out, prior to the purchase/sale of the property, we can offer a competitive quote to repair/remediate any areas of concern.
Quotes will include the supply of all materials and qualified trade personnel to carry out the work.
Foundation & Subfloor
- The minimum safe access to the sub-floor must not be less than 450 x 400mm with a crawl space of 500mm.
- Check all timbers for rot and/or infestation of insects, Borer etc.
- Connection details to joists, bearers and piles.
- Ground clearances.
- Check Insulation for gaps if fitted.
- Check pipes, wastes for leaks
- Check electric cable condition and fixings
- The roof must be able to be accessed safely from a 3.6m ladder
- Check for holes and gaps
- Check condition of roofing iron, paintwork, concrete tiles and membranes
- Check fixings and fixing patterns
- Check flashings and penetrations to roof
- Check spouting and downpipes for blockages
Internal Roof Space
- A safe opening of 500x400mm with a minimum crawl space of 610mm is required to inspect the internal roof.
- Check for leaks/daylight.
- Rotten timbers, infestation, borer etc.
- Check insulation for gaps.
- Check ventilation ducting from range hood, bathrooms are venting externally.
- Check pipework and electrics.
All rooms will be checked with a Trotec T660 moisture meter in several different locations. Should there be any areas of concern or high moisture readings, a photo will be taken of the specific / affected area, this will then be included in the report with our observations as to what course of action we think necessary (invasive investigation) to detect the cause of the high moisture reading.
- Check for ingress of water and dampness.
- Check flashings and seals to windows.
- Check condition of external cladding for rot, water penetration.
- Check ground clearances and ventilation.
- Condition of paintwork.
- Check penetrations sealed and water tight.
- Check drainage gullies are clean and free from obstructions.
Internal living areas and bedroom
- General condition of paintwork, fixtures and fittings.
- Any areas that require maintenance or remedial work
- We test all visible / accessible lights switches and sockets
- General inspection of plumbing and electrical services
- Check ventilation systems in place to bathroom, ensuite and laundry
- The inspection is a visible inspection only and therefore we are unable to comment on services concealed in wall, floor or ceiling cavities or below ground level.
External areas which include the following
- General conditions of building
- Fences (plumb and straight)
- Paths (cracks /movement)
What is Not Included in the report
- No allowance to test smoke alarms or security systems.
- No allowances to test kitchen appliances.
- No allowances to test gas califonts or heating systems.
- No allowances to test heat or air transfer systems.
- Swimming pools or spas.
- Septic tanks or water filtration systems.
- Planning or resource consent issues.
- Testing for asbestos: we will however notify the client if we detect any areas that may be of concern and can arrange testing of these areas if required.
How much do the inspections cost
- Single story 1 - 3 Bedrooms $480 including GST
- Single story 4+ Bedrooms $560 including GST
- Double story 1 - 3 Bedrooms $610 including GST
- Double story 4 + Bedrooms $690 including GST
- Should a sleepout be required to be inspected, there would be an additional charge of $240 including GST, this would need to confirmed prior to the inspection taking place.
- Additional mileage fees of $.75 cents will be charged for each km travelled to and from the property after the first 50km, starting from the centre of Richmond.
For More Information On additional Inspections offered by The Top of the South House Inspection please click here
Cancellation of an inspection
Should the client choose to cancel the inspection, no cancellation charges will be incurred if 24 hours notice is given prior to the inspection taking place. Notification of cancellation must be by e mail. A cancellation fee of $80 including GST will be charged if less than 24 hours notice is given.
It is the clients responsibility to ensure all areas to be inspected are available/open for inspection. If the inspector can’t gain access to any areas requiring inspection and is required to revisit the property to re-inspect, an additional charge of $140 including GST will be incurred plus additional mileage. Terms & Conditions